So I tried my new Lo Ride breeches yesterday. More details to come on Monday in a full comparison of all my breeches, but suffice it to say, I’m not impressed. This week has been a bit of a whirlwind with a holiday potluck and white elephant exchange at work yesterday, our holiday party for work downtown tonight, followed by the barn party tonight with a Secret Santa exchange, and the blogger Secret Santas being issued yesterday. On top of all of that, I got back from San Diego at 1 am on Monday morning, and with just a few hours of sleep, had a full work day on Monday. But even with all of the things I’m keeping track of, I love the holiday season, because I am killing it on gifts this year (for the most part anyway. I’ll admit my white elephant gift wasn’t quite what I wanted it to be because I forgot my ID and without it, most people don’t believe I’m 21) but otherwise, I think I did pretty well.
Speaking of gifts, you all know what Val wants, but what am I asking for this year? Well since you asked…
- Boot socks. The Tuffrider argyle socks are usually my go to, but I’m thinking I need more fun socks. I’m all about Star Wars, Harry Potter, and any other
- A belt that is wide enough for my TS breeches. something cute and fun, since all I have is a boring black belt (that may still have white paint from when I helped move slightly tacky jump standards for the clinic) and I need more colors and fun in my life.
- A book of flat and pole exercises. Val and I both get bored so easily, and while I can usually come up with pretty decent exercises for jumping, on the flat I have more trouble, and tend to cut my flat short because I’m out of things to do. Darn my short attention span!
- New stirrup leathers. My stirrup leathers are only attached by a few strings, and it’s only a matter of time before we land hard from a jump and snap them completely. I don’t do lined leathers, because I always punch half holes, and the leathers never go short enough for me without buying kids stirrup leathers, which I won’t do in case a trainer needs to sit in my saddle. Plus I just thing the lined ones wear out faster. I kind of like the Nunn Finer in the darker brown but I’m slightly concerned that the roller–while convenient–will make them bulky under my thigh.
- one of the many cute shirts from One Horse Threads. I love pretty much all of them, but this design is one of my favorites!
- Summer riding gloves. I haven’t been wearing gloves lately, though once it gets colder I’ll pull out my winter gloves. I actually prefer riding in gloves, but my standard SSG gloves are a bit stiff, and a bit too warm most of the time, so I opt to go without. I would love a pair of lightweight gloves that don’t affect my feel of the horse, but that give me a little extra grip, and also don’t make my hands sweat and get gross.
So those are a few of the things on my wishlist! What’s on your list for Santa for this year?